Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Summer...

Dear Summer,




Im going to miss you my hair is going to miss the wonderful days of wash and go's, airdrying and and just plain carefree hair. While the weather hasnt truly decided if it wants to be summer or fall, I have begun my fall routine because when its cold it is COLD and I know the up n down in temperture can still reek havoc on my hair and I dont want to take any chances.

So when the fall and winter months come Im all about retaining moisture and maintaining a healthy protein balance so that my hair doest become limp. So my fall/winter regimen goes something like this.


  1. Shampoo (as needed I work out alot) bi weekly I use Kinky curly Come Clean
  2. Clarify with bentonite clay or Neutrogena or Suave clarifying shampoo once a month.
  3. Deep Condition with EVERY WASH with HEAT (i use a concotion on conditioners)
  4. Flat twist, twist outs, braids outs, wigs, full weaves are usually my style options (stlyings aids vary)
  5. Moisturize with Vitapoint or Miss jessies baby buttercreme
  6. Seal my hair with coocnut out

No comments:

Post a Comment